Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Controller Design Result

Since we are using position-position control for the teleoperator, a good controller is very important. Since the two devices are almost the same, we will use the same controller for both the master side and the slave side. To choose a good controller, we turn the PID parameters for a single falcon device first.
If we only use P controller and feed sinusoids with different frequencies as desired trajectories, the results for different Kp values are shown below:
Kp = 50
P50

Kp = 100
P100
Kp = 200
P200
Kp = 300
P300
Kp = 400

P400
Kp = 500
P500
Kp = 600
P600
If we use PD controller and feed sinusoids with different frequencies as desired trajectories, the results for different Kp and Kd values are shown below:
Kp = 700, Kd = 10
PD700-10
Kp = 700, Kd = 20
PD700-20
Kp = 700, Kd = 30
PD700-30
If we se PID controller and feed sinusoids with different frequencies as desired trajectories, the results for different Kp, Ki and Kd values are shown below:
Kp = 500, Ki = 4, Kd = 10
PID500-4-10
Kp = 500, Ki = 4, Kd = 20
PID500-4-20
Kp = 700, Ki = 2, Kd = 20
PID700-2-20
Kp = 700, Ki = 3, Kd = 20
PID700-3-20


Demo:
Plot of the master and slave trajectories:
teleoperation_test

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    It looks like a neat work and I thank you for sharing it online. I have few questions which were not clear for me, even after looking at your codes.

    How are you guys commanding the slave falcon? I don't see a method where you can use the 2nd falcon as a slave manipulator. Falcon needs force as its input to get position as output. It was not clear how you are computing and sending those forces to the 2nd falcon(slave) so that it moves to the desired position.

    My problem is that, I want to be able to use the falcon as a manipulator. I tried one method, where I compute the error between the desired and the falcon position and then I use PI controller to get Torque as output. I multiply the torque with the manipulator Jacobian to get force commands which I input to the device. My efforts have got zero result, I think joints are coupled and what I tried is not correct. Can you please help me with this ? (I am using CHAI3D)

    I would greatly appreciate your reply.

    Thanks,
    Shanthanu
    Bangalore
    shanthanu.engineer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it..

    Flipkart offers
    Cashback offers

    ReplyDelete